Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

St. George Parade of Homes Trip

Last Friday I spent all morning shoveling snow off of my ridiculously large and steep driveway (although I only feel that way when there's snow on it). While I shoveled I thought of Hawaii weather and how perfect it was. So my day dreaming sparked an idea. Parade of Homes was going on in St. George and I had just read on Facebook that Alice Lane (my favorite store) had decorated house #4 and 2 other model homes. Long story short, that was just the excuse I needed to get out of dodge.

The weather wasn't quite what I'd longed for, but the Parade didn't disappoint. Wait, let me clarify that. Alice Lane's 3 homes and a couple other Entrada Parade Homes didn't disappoint. I personally felt like everything else was just more of the same.

Here, you can see for yourself, the brilliance of Alice Lane...


























As big of a fan of Alice Lane's interiors as I am, I'm an even bigger fan of Entrada's exterior! It takes my breath away...







Keeping my fingers crossed that this lot is waiting for me to build my dream home on it. Wouldn't you love to have this water feature in you're backyard?



At Entrada all homes have to blend in with the surroundings. I love that! And applaud the developers for creating something so spectacular. 

Someone asked me if I thought I would ever get tired of looking at all the red rock. My answer was and still is a big fat "NO! Never, what are you crazy?" I've lived in St. George before and I have to tell you there is something so magical about it. It gets in you. This trip really got me thinking about how I much I would love to go back. 

Maybe someday...

The indoor, outdoor living is dreamy.



Courtyards separating the main house from the Casita our big here.  It's the perfect set up for all the guests you will get.














 This cute old guy made us chocolate chip cookies on the outdoor grill. How cool is that!

This next home wasn't an Alice Lane home, but it was in a league of it's own. Here's what 3 million gets you in Entrada.


As soon as I walked around the bend I knew I was in for a treat...


And then there it was...



There is a section in Entrada that's covered with black lava rock. Some people think it's a bit eerie, but I find it so intriguing. It has a sense of mystery to it.
   




My camera battery died, so the rest of the pictures were taken with my husbands phone camera. Their not that great but still worth taking a look at.



































































Here's a picture of the lucky couple that owns this home. Aren't they adorable?
























































This home was fun to walk through and the couple that owns it are lovely people, but it's a bit over the top for me. I don't think I would want every possible amenity available in my home. I feel like the house didn't feel very homey. But that's just me and I'm some what of a simple girl.

My favorite parade home in the end was still #4. The Spyglass home Alice Lane decorated. It wasn't a baby bear or a papa bear home, but it was just right for this momma bear.  ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Most popular posts