Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lily Aldridge hair accomplished!

If you've been following my obsession over Lily Aldridge's hair at all for the last few months, you already know of my agony over not being able to accomplish the look. You can click on these links to my past attempts if you'd like to catch up on my story.

Attempts #1, 2, and 3

But my pain is no more. All because my sweet friend Priscilla pointed me to her friend Julie Brown. Pri told me on facebook how great Julie was and gave me her phone number. So when I text Julie to make an appointment, I was quite surprised to find out she was still in hair school. But after 3 attempts I was feeling a little desperate, plus Pri has great style so I knew I could trust her.

Here are my results...



 My hair color changes with the lighting. I noticed Lily's does too so I took in several pictures of her to Julie so I could make sure we were on the same page in achieving the balayage look.


Ombre Hair
This picture is still one of my favorite Lily hair pictures.







 Here you can see how much lighter my hair is in outdoor light. This next picture of Lily has a lot of outdoor light as well.




The only thing I'm not 100% happy about is that the dark color Julie put on the back bottom of my hair turned out too dark. I wanted some of the hair in back to be dark like hair would be naturally but it wouldn't be so dark at the tips. Anyways Julie says it will fade out a bit. At this point I'm going to live with it for atleast a month because my poor hair has been through enough! I'm not even planning on blowing it dry for a couple of weeks.

So here's a little advice if you want the summer sun kissed hair on steriods look. Take in pictures, or if you're like me, take in your laptop and show lots of pictures of what you want to achieve and what you don't want. For instance...



That way you don't end up with someone else's interpretation of what your trying to achieve. Trust me! Your hair can only take so many do overs. While I love Drew's outfit, I didn't want her take on the balayage look for me.

Good luck! I  hope my story helps. And please let me know how it goes for you :)



4 comments:

  1. I love your hair! Thank you for posting this as I've been on my own bit of a hunt to copy Lily Aldridge's hair. I saw your previous posts and this by far, looks the best and closest to hers. I wouldn't change a thing. You look great!

    -From Hawaii :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much and good luck to you in your efforts in getting Lily hair. I'd love to see your results :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! Can you find out the formula? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely ADORE your hair, sense of fashion and your beauty! I wish we had such talented hairstylists in Munich/Germany that don't cost a fortune so I could achieve the same results. I just managed to grow out my hair since 2 years to a decent length so I am ready for my own Lily Aldrige hair journey. Wish me Luck Lisa and please keep up the good work with your blog.

    XOXO

    Your reader Eli from Germany

    ReplyDelete

Most popular posts