Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Hawaii trip day 2

Got up and Ashley and I walked to Temple Beach again. We ran for a mile on the beach and then walked back. On the way back we collected coral for my primary girls. I told them I would bring them something back from Hawaii.


Ashley







 On the way back we met a guy named Fraiser who was watching his wife kite surf. We struck up a conversation in which he taught us a lot about learning how to kite surf and what a fun sport it is. This picture isn't her but it might as well have been. Doesn't it look like a blast?

http://www.kitesurfwales.co.uk/images/Nina-Litewave.jpg



 After the beach we went to Angel's to get another shaved ice. Then to Foodland to get a Birthday cake to take to the Hannemann's since it was Salofi's Birthday and I had gotten them a thank you gift for letting Alyssa live with them while she attended BYU Hawaii. It seemed like a good day to deliver it.





Next we went hiking with Mark and Dolly in the Sacred Falls area to scout out some great spots for pictures the next day. Isn't it beautiful? Sacred Falls was a very popular hike, but it's actually illegal now because a few years ago 7 people were killed on Mother's Day there from a mud slide. 

Because Dolly's property backs up to the trail, it is her family's escape route in a Tsunami. So we were actually just doing a practice drill. One should always be prepared. Right? We had to climb over 3 fences to get to the trail.

Being under a time constraint, we didn't actually make it all the way up to the water fall. But the hike made for a great second workout that day.


Mark, Ashley, and Dolly

Me

 You can't really tell from my picture, but I'm holding on to a hanging vine. Dolly decided it might be fun to take a swing on it. You go girl!

Dolly

Did I say Dolly? I meant Jane ;)


Ashley enjoying the hike

See, models really do work hard!

She's a great sport!

After the hike we went back to Mark's house. His family has guinea pigs and Ashley being the animal lover that she is had to hold one. Isn't it cute?



Ashley and guinea

Mark also showed us his house. He redid everything in it himself for 20k. Not too shabby. Look at his studio. I loved it!

Mark and Dolly

I think it's funny how you can see me in the computer monitor taking the picture, but I had to get some of my own pictures of the room.

Me in front of the coolest storage cabinet I've ever seen!

Mark made this chair. Isn't it awesome? It's really comfortable too!


Scored some beautiful Orchids and pots at Home Depot
After we left Mark's we went to town with Dolly to get flowers for the wedding photo shoot. When we got back we paid a surprise visit to the Hannemann's to deliver Salofi's Birthday cake and my thank you gift. They were very happy to see us. Uncle Lloyd and Aunt Kate were there too. We couldn't stay long because we still had more work to do to get ready for the photo shoot but they insisted we come in and have some cake. So we did! It was good to catch up and spend some time together.

Singing Happy Birthday to Salofi

Me, Carolyn, and David Hannemann

Ashley and her Grandpa Hannemann

Next we borrowed outdoor furniture from Dolly's friends and found other props Dolly had in storage such as dishes, tables and white curtins. After making several trips back and forth from Laie to Punaluu where the wedding location would be, we came back home and started making the bouquets and worked on food prep to feed the crew. The next day was going to be a busy one.

Dolly making wedding bouquets


I was also instructed to show up for the photo shoot with clean hair loosely curled which meant I still had to wash it, blow it dry and put some curl in it. I went to bed at 1 am after setting my alarm for 4:45 am. Tomorrow would prove to be all adrenaline!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most popular posts